Steps for starting your video book trailer:
1. Get a login card from Mrs. Schuchart.
2. Sign your name/student number on the login sheet that matches your login number.
3. Go to www.animoto.com - click HERE for a quick link.
4. Login (you are NOT a new user).
5. Other students will share this number - you may only look at your own assignment. Please understand if you look at or alter any other student's project, you risk earning a "0" and face further consequences.
6. Click CREATE to make a new book trailer.
Choose a style - don't just go with the featured ones - first look
through ALL (or Education) to find one that fits your book. This style
will be the background for each slide. (Hint - if it says UPGRADE, we
can't use it for free. Pick one that says CREATE VIDEO.)
8. Much of the program is drag and drop. Play around. Ask for help.
9. Use your STORY BOARD paper to organize and layout your project, slide by slide.
10. EDIT your writing. Capitals, periods, spelling.....all of this counts!
11. If you do not choose stock Animoto or copyright free images/music, you MUST cite your sources (give credit to the person who deserves credit).
HINTS - SUGGESTIONS
- Create all your text slides first and make sure they are exactly how you want them to be.
- Create your image slides last. You can drag and drop your image slides where they need to go later on.
- Preview your video to make sure it looks how you want it to look.
Safest copyright option:
- Check Animoto's images and video clips first. Some of these may work for what you want.
- If you use Google Images (or any other non-Animoto source), make sure you are using images that are free of copyright restrictions.
Search your image
Click on Search Tools
Click on Usage Rights
Click on Labeled for noncommercial reuse
you find the image you want, open it and then right-click to save it to
your student file (the one with your student number).
- JPEG files work well.
Here are a few sites you can check:
Plan to use the Animoto music clips. I know this may not be exactly what you want, but it will be difficult for you to avoid breaking copyright laws.
Free Music Archive is one option you can check.